Summer Camp Float Teacher & Camp Woodland Assistant Teacher
Job No: 10242
Division/Organization: Woodland Montessori School
Job Type: Local Student Jobs
Remote Eligbility: Not Remote
Location: 1124 Colby St Madison , WI 53715 (not on bus line)
Salary/Wage Range or Lump Sum: Min wage: $13.27
Job Categories: Education and Training
Anticipated Start Date
Anticipated End Date
Anticipated Hours Per Week
- Availability: 8:00A-3:30P
- 30-40 hours a week
- 20-30 hours a week
|Hourly Min wage: $13.27 |
Number Of Positions
Position Summary/Job Duties:
We are searching for individuals who are enthusiastic about early childhood education and are willing to commit to the health and safety of our community. We currently have two Teaching positions that range from 30-40 hours a week. Actual daily hours (shift) will be discussed at the interview. Woodland offers a competitive wage based on related education and experience.
Woodland Montessori School has celebrated over 50 years of successful operation supporting children and families in the Dane County Community. Woodland has a deep focus in valuing diversity and equity; the inclusion of children with special needs; the use of natural play spaces; incredible staff longevity; and a waitlists years into the future. This is a great opportunity to learn more about the Montessori philosophy in a supportive and nurturing environment.
The (Assistant) Teacher is responsible for implementing program activities as part of a teaching team, providing help to the Lead Teacher in all areas of the classroom program, the care and education of a group of afterschool children as part of a teaching team. This includes, but is not limited to, carrying out Montessori Philosophy, supervising children, communicating with parents, and providing a healthy and safe environment for children.
The Float Teacher is responsible for covering the scheduled or emergency absences of the WMS staff pool. This includes, but is not limited to, carrying out Montessori philosophy, supervising children, communicating with parents, and providing a healthy and safe environment for children when covering a shift at the Preschool and/or Toddler House. Individuals must be available Monday-Friday from 8:00A-3:45P.
Candidates with any of the following qualifications are encouraged to apply:
- BA or BS degree in education or related field
- Students enrolled in Education related fields at the college level
- Aan AMS or AMI Montessori credential, Wisconsin Registry credential, a DPI Early Childhood or Kindergarten license
- State/City required courses to work with young children
- State licensing required courses to be alone with children or early childhood teaching experience
- Must be able to pass a Wisconsin caregiver background check, which includes WI Fingerprint submission
- The ideal person has interest and knowledge of the Montessori philosophy, excitement, a "Can Do" attitude, is a team player mentality, a good time manager, and someone with the ability to develop exceptional relationships with parents and co-workers.
|Must be able to perform all reasonable Teacher physical demands. Must be able to lift and carry an individual weighing 50 lbs. |
Please send a resume, (3) professional references, and letter of interest to Jennifer Alejandro-Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit application materials by April 16th, 2021 at 5p.
| Org: Woodland Montessori School |
Contact: Jenny Alejandro-Torres
Advertised: CST Central Standard Time
Applications close: CST Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now